Chris DeVany Helps Managers Build Teams
"90 Days to a High Performance Team"
Workshops and Presentations
90 Days to a High Performance Team
Following from his book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team” published by McGraw Hill, Chris DeVany can facilitate team-building around the key issues listed below and/or address your organization on any of the following topics. Click on each topic/issue to see an outline of the presentation/workshop.
- Managing a team
- Customer service
- Facilitating change
- Removing troublemakers
- Managing your boss
- Clashes between two teams
- Managing performance
- Taking a team from any of three stages to peak performance
- Managing a remote team or teams effectively
For more information on having Chris DeVany present at your next meeting,
please call 978-925-9797.
- Before You Start: Pre-Planning the Approach
- The First Day: What Do You Say? What Do You Hear? How Do You Respond?
- The First Week: What Are The Top 3 Priorities?
- The First Month: Success Against The Top 3; Next Steps
- The First 90 Days: Managing Results, Raising the Bar
- Before: Products, Service and Relationships: How Do You Distinguish Yourself, Your Team and Your Organization?
- First Day: Developing A Cogent Market Analysis for Your Enterprise and Your Customers
- First Week: Approaching Customers and Prospective Customers
- First Month: Communicating Effectively to Grow the Enterprise
- First 90 Days: Using Referrals and Testimonials to Perfection
- Before: What’s the Problem As I See It?
- First Day: What’s the Problem As They See It?
- First Week: Let’s Relate, Strategize and Implement Solutions Together – RSI In Action
- First Month: Repeating and Building On Success, Dismissing ‘What and Who Doesn’t Work’
- First 90 Days: The 12-Week Team Communication Action Plan – It Works!
- Before: Clarifying and Confirming For Yourself What the Top Anticipated Change Is / Changes Are
- First Day: Communicating Anticipated Changes to Your Team, Gaining Their Input
- First Week: The Team Approach to Addressing Change Priority #1 – Implementing Action Plans
- First Month: Team Results Against Top 3; Weekly Review, Charting Progress, Facilitating Results
- First 90 Days: How’d We Do Against Our Top 3? Recognizing and Building on Success, Dismissing What and Who Doesn’t Work
- Before: Who Is The Problem? What Approaches Have We Tried? What Worked and What Didn’t?
- First Day: Privately Inviting the ‘Troublemaker’ Into a Collaborative, Problem-Solving Conversation, Using RSI to Solve Performance Problems (Relate, Strategize, Implement), Using Action Plans
- First Week: Progress Against Action Plan from Troublemaker and Troubled Team
- First Month: Reviewing One Month’s Performance, Clarifying and Confirming Salvagability, Warnings?
- First 90 Days: Still With Us or Gone? Progress Against Action Plans, Cut or Contributing?
- Before: Discussing With Trusted Others, Seeking Advice
- First Day: Approaching the Boss Collaboratively
- First Week: That Important Conversation: Progress or ‘Punt’?
- First Month: What’s Improved and What Hasn’t?
- First 90 Days: Reviewing Working Relationship Progress, Charting Next Steps
- Before: Writing Down Your “Clash Assessment”
- First Day: Meeting With Your Team to Clarify Current State State and Desired State
- Second Day: Meeting With Other Team’s Manager to Clarify Same
- First Week: Facilitating Two Teams Meeting or Two Managers Meeting to Craft Working Action Plans
- First Month: What’s Improved? Building On Success…What Hasn’t? Taking Corrective Action
- First 90 Days: Charting Progress, Reviewing Working Relationships’ Progress Against Plan
- Before: Not Another Performance Review! Breaking These Down Over a Year’s Time, One Day at a Time
- First Day: Reviewing Performance With Best Performer
- Second Day: Reviewing Performance With Performer
- Third Day: Reviewing Performance With Poor Performer
- First Week: Starting to Implement the Daily, One-On-One Performance Conversation With Each and Every Member of Your Team
- First Month: Met With Everyone at Least Once? Results?
- First 90 Days: Success-Building, Needs Improving Changes, Progress Report, Next Steps
- Before: I Hate Budgets! Asking a Financial Manager for Help and Getting It
- First Day: Meeting With Manager-Helper, Presenting Data, Receiving Brutally Honest Feedback, Action Planning
- First Week: Budget Action Planning: Progress Against Top 1, 2 and/or 3
- First Month: Budgeting Monthly, Progress Reporting
- First 90 Days: Budgeting Quarterly, Verifying Progress
- Before: In Which ‘Stage’ is Our Team?
- First Day: Meet With Team to Share Assessment, Ask for Solution Input, Action Planning
- First Week: Progress Against Action Plan?:
- First Month: Have We ‘Hit’ Our Top 3 Goals?
- First 90 Days: After 3 Months, What Do We Do to Continue Growing? Team Member and Team Action Plans
- Before: Planning that All-Important, Face-to-Face Meeting With Your Entire Team
- First Day: Conducting a Highly-Effective Kick-Off Meeting
- First Week: Getting Each of Your “Location Teams” Up to Speed:
- First Month: How Are We Proceeding Effectively Against Plan? Checking In
- First 90 Days: How Are We Doing Against Plan? Engaging Each of Your Teams in Effective Performance Planning
For more information on having Mr. DeVany present at your next meeting,
please call 978-925-9797.